Thursday, June 09, 2011

elementary

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had trouble figuring out how to use the key to tighten the Knit Picks options needles. I originally posted about my problem with keeping the needles tightened onto the cable here. Long story short, I was totally clueless there was a key you were supposed to use to tighten it and then, once I knew that, I couldn't figure out how use it!

Once Devon (and others) left me a comment explaining it (THANK YOU!) I couldn't believe how simple it was. I think the word "key" confused me and made me try to make it more complicated than it was. When I think of a key, I think of something twisting to tighten, which I guess it does that but, I was imagining like a key to a door. It's an elementary concept but that doesn't mean it comes naturally to my brain!

Anyway, in case anyone else's brain out there works like mine, here is a photo showing it.
how to tighten knitpicks options needles
I haven't had them come loose since the first time I used the key to tighten them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I could help! It was a mystery to me for a long time to, until a fellow Knit picks user friend enlightened me. Thanks for the shout out too :)

juicyknits said...

Oh, didn't know this either. One more knit picks user enlightened. ;)

Jan said...

I had the same problem as you, until my husband showed me how to work the key.....no more loose needle tips!

Maryse said...

You know what? I have to key and knew how is works, but I never take the time to use it! I think that thanks to your post, I'll wisen up and use it! Have a great weekend!