Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bluberry Hill Sewing Weekend...

...with HEATHER ROSS!!! and if that wasn't exciting enough, Liesl Gibson of Oliver an S and the great Denyse Schmidt were also there! Needless to say it was beautiful in Vermont! and I can't describe to you how thrilled I was to get away from our streak of 100+ degree days (going on day 19 currently)!Cocktail hour with Liesl, Heather and Denyse.We were frequently joined by the lovable inn dog, Griffin.I was actually able to finish something! Amy Butler's Birdie Sling made with Echino Camera in Citron and Kona Cotton in Medium Gray.Denyse did a little workshop for us to make quilted pouches. Me and Heather. Heather was so fun and generous with her wealth of knowledge!I had some time before my plane left and I stopped by a sweet little yarn shop near Burlington, Kaliedoscope Yarns.


Of course I had to purchase something from their amazing selection of yarns. This is one skein of Madelinetosh dk.

All in all it was the most fun weekend I've had in a long time! All the other ladies in the group were so nice and generous! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone!

5 comments:

Holli said...

OMG! How awesome!!!

So glad you got away...only wish I'd been able to drive up and join you at Kaleidoscope Yarns.

I heart Vermont!

Susan said...

My best friend's wife went to that too! What a great event.

juicyknits said...

Sounds like fun. Glad you enjoyed your get-away.

Maryse said...

This Madelintosh color is so rich! Looks like this was a well deserved sewing weekend! The site of the course is gorgeous! Hope you did not miss your little boy too much ;-)

peaknits said...

Wow - I am so jealous! This is on my bucket list for sure!