Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ingenue

It's finally finished!
Pattern: Ingenue by Wendy Bernard (from Custom Knits)
Yarn: Cascade 220 in color 8401; about 3.5 skeins
Needles: US #9 for body and US # 10.5 for bottom hem and sleeves
Notes: This is one sweater that definitely benefited from a good wet blocking! I feel like there isn't much else to say about it other than I am finally happy with the bottom hem. Besides doing short sleeves instead of long, I also added about 3 or so inches to the length. I think I may have bound off too loosely because the bottom edge of the hem is not very smooth at all. At this point, I just say Whatever. It's a sort of rustic sweater anyway and I doubt anyone else will notice. It fits great and I'm just glad to have it done!

14 comments:

knottygnome said...

it looks very elegant in gray! love it :-)

Melissa said...

I love it! I love the color and the fit looks spot on - congrats!

Bea said...

Love it. Very cute!

peaknits said...

It looks gorgeous!! I am rethinking my bottom hem now, hmmm.

Anonymous said...

It looks great on you!

crochetgurl said...

Looks good!

Holli said...

Wow - it really came out perfect! Great job on all that work. It looks superb. I especially love the neck.

Susan said...

I really like how your updated Ingenue turned out. I did notice the hem, but in a good way. I thought it was on purpose. I think it does go with the look and feel of your sweater.

jillian said...

It's lovely! Love the cool grey. Ingenue has been on my list forever, le sigh. Maybe this fall :)

Maryse said...

It looks perfect on you! I love the color and the delicate pattern of the collar and sleeves. Congratulations also on your perseverance to get the bottom hem just as you wanted to have it! Enjoy wearing it... and the compliments ;-)

allisonmariecat said...

It's fantastic! I'm delighted to see it looks gorgeous on you after all the trouble with the bottom hem :)

Shannon said...

Turned out great Emily! Can't see the "Pouf" anymore at all!

juicyknits said...

Love it! Congrats.

a friend to knit with said...

redoing the bottom hem made all the difference.
this looks SO cute on you.
and i love the short sleeve version/layered.