Saturday, April 03, 2010

diversions

Happy Easter and Passover! I've already eaten too many Peeps!

This is really turning out to be a wonderful weekend! The weather could not be better and we've been enjoying it out on our back porch as much as possible. Jack LOVES going outside!

Oh look! could it be? yes, it's a real FO!

Pattern: Milkweed Shawl

Yarn: Sweet Georgia Merino superwash fingerling in Blue Fig; 1 and a half skeins

Needles: US #4

Notes: I didn't mean for this to turn into a sneaky project but a couple of weeks ago I decided to cast-on and did not put it down until it was finished! I'm so proud of myself for finishing it so quickly!

This yarn is "My Precious". Does anyone else have a special yarn that they've been hoarding since buying it years ago? I scored this Sweet Georgia yarn over at The Loopy Ewe when it was still a relatively new online yarn shop. At the time Sweet Georgia yarn was pretty tough to come by. I'm very happy with how I was able to finally use "my precious".

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

8 comments:

peaknits said...

Very pretty shawl! My "precious" - probably hard to get Mama Blue Worsted Troika - love this.

Meredith said...

The shawl looks gorgeous! Enjoy your sunny weekend!

Susan said...

Gorgeous! Enjoy as many peeps as you can! lol

Shannon said...

Wow! You really cranked that out! It is beautiful!

Enjoy the nice weather!

Maryse said...

Even up here in Montreal, we've got exceptional weather for Easter! It IS great for kids! Although it was somewhat strange at the sugar camp! We felt like eating wax on snow in the middle of July! Love your Milkweed Shawl! I also love this pattern. I sure understand that you HAD to cast-on and just could not stop! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Holli said...

Ooo - your milkweed is gorgeous -- and I'm so happy to see you got to use some precious yarn!

allisonmariecat said...

Precious shawl, and precious Jack! I can't believe how big he is!

a friend to knit with said...

ha. sneaky knitter. i love that! :)
it is gorgeous!!!!! and jack is absolutely adorable! i so remember when mine loved being outside.... they never wanted to come in!