Monday, February 22, 2010

problem

Actually, two problems.


First of all....is anyone else having problems with Bloglines? It's not picking up new posts. I'm not sure what to do about it. All I know is that it's driving me nuts!

Second. Side Pooching:
A closer look:
This is my Ingenue. Remember how I said that all I had left was to knit the sleeves? Well, that wasn't the whole truth. You see, I have a somewhat long torso and this sweater (as written in the book) is very short. I didn't want to end up with a crop top so I lengthened the body. The problem seems to be with the stitch pattern at the hem. It really pulls in, causing a pooch on the sides just below the waist shaping. Now, the pattern has you start the bottom stitch pattern immediately after the waist shaping. I was totally in love with how this was fitting until I started to go past the waist shaping. It has just the amount of positive ease I am wanting and the hem just ruins the whole look. I guess I want the bottom to flare out a bit more.

I've been sitting on this problem for a looooong time now and I really want to do something about it because it is bothering me so much that I cannot move on to the sleeves or anything else until I get it figured out. I keep seeing every one's beautiful Olympics projects and it's making me want to finish something!

Anybody have any ideas? Should I reknit the bottom stitch pattern in bigger needles? I think I'll definitely go an inch or two shorter than the length it is now (it looks funny to me for some reason).


I'm really late to the game but a couple of weeks ago we had the most amazing record-breaking snow ever! I know people up north are probably so sick of seeing snow but it was a real treat for us.
Jack was not impressed at all!!! He's just too little to appreciate it just yet.

No comments: