Saturday, November 07, 2009

a little of this, a little of that

I was doing so good on my Berry and Bramble Cardigan but.....I've been stuck for the past week.

Now, that I look at this picture, I really don't have too much left on it (it is a short-sleeved cardigan after all) but I've been having problems with the decreases in the Berry-in-box stitch pattern. It's very tricky! I've just been really busy this week and haven't had time to sit down and concentrate! Maybe I'll get to it tonight.

Anyway, I've been having some fun with the sewing machine.

Are these not totally cute?! They are Rag Quilt Letters from Happy Together. When I first saw these I thought they would be so cute for when Jack gets a little older and starts learning his letters but she mentions making them into a "Merry Christmas" banner and I have the perfect place to hang it here in the new house! (after all, Christmas is just around the corner! ack!) I decided to go with non-traditional multi-colored letters (as opposed to red and green) and I haven't decided if I'm going to make them "raggedy" or just leave them as they are.

There is actually another really cool magnetized plush alphabet tutorial from Chez Beeper Bebe that I am totally going to make! It might be a good Christmas present for Jack.

Is anyone else having a crafty Saturday?

No comments: