Wednesday, August 26, 2009

starting fresh!

Awwwwe, thanks for the warm welcome back!

Now, to make good on my promise:

Everybody, meet Wisp. I must give all the credit to Bea's gorgeous Falling Leaves version. I had tried and failed with this pattern before but was totally inspired to give it another go after seeing Bea's. This time, I went with a thicker fingerling weight yarn, Fleece Artist Merino in the Hercules colorway. I absolutely LOVE how this is coming out. And talk about a fast easy pattern. I just can't wait until it is done and the weather cools off to wear it!

Next, I have two new little friends that will keep me company in my studio. That's right, I have what I am calling a studio, somewhere where I can lay out my projects and leave my sewing machine up permanently. It is a miniscule place but it is SO EXCITING! (more pictures to come of course)

Oh, and also thanks to Bea for turning me on to an awesome contest! You could win some gorgeous fabric from the Far Far Away collection by Heather Ross!

No comments: