Monday, November 03, 2008

Something is finished!

Yeah, I only started this scarf in April! But it is finished! yay!

Pattern: Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery

Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Sock in Dusk; 2 whole skeins

Needles: US #3

Notes: I love this scarf! This is some of the first sock yarn I ever bought and after a failed sock attempt I thought I'd never use it. I was inspired by the pattern in Knitty and it turns out this yarn is perfect for scarves because it is really soft! and I only allow the softest of yarns near my neck. It's a bit thin and splitty though but I suppose that is the price for cheap, soft yarn. Two skeins don't make a scarf as long as the one in the pattern but it is still plenty long. I'm so happy to have a new scarf! now...if only the temps would drop below 80.

No comments: