Friday, October 10, 2008

Wow.

It's been almost three weeks and I can't believe how crazy it is being stuck in the endless cycle of feeding-bottle washing-pumping-diaper changing that is caring for a newborn! Somewhere in there I try to eat and sleep a little. It is soooo worth it though! Jack has gained over a pound from his birth weight....he really loves to eat! I already feel like he is growing up way too fast.

Here he is modeling the hat I made him. Unfortunately, at the rate he's been growing, I don't think it will fit him for more than another few weeks. For the curious, the tape on his lip is holding a little wire molding device to help shape his nose in preparation for his cleft lip surgery when he's three months old. It's pretty neat how it works and we've already seen a difference. We have to reapply it about once a day because the tape gets really soggy from milk. It hasn't been too bad so far because we can do it when he's asleep and he never knows we're messing with his face. However, I have a feeling it will get more challenging as he sleeps less and becomes more aware of things.

While Jack has been doing great, I had bit of a setback in my recovery from the c-section during our second week at home. Long story short, a pocket of fluid got trapped under the surface of my incision and had to be drained and packed with gauze. Then, I got a fever and had to be admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics. It has not been fun but I think I'm finally starting to feel better.

I've been really enjoying stealing a moment or two to check my bloglines and see what everyone has been up to! I miss knitting!!! Hopefully we'll be getting into a routine soon so I can pick up the needles here and there. I do have some knitting to show you that I did before Jack was born so maybe I can snap some pics to share soon.

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments about my baby boy! He is so precious and I'm lucky to have him.

No comments: