Sunday, August 31, 2008

All ready for winter now

I promised more sewing and here it is.

These quilts have been in the works for quite a while, especially the blue/green one. I believe I started it just over a year ago. Sewing the top together was the quick part and then my Mom took it to a lady who machine quilts to have it quilted for my birthday. I finally tackled the binding a few months ago thinking it would take for ever but to my surprise, it was actually very quick! I used Heather Bailey's binding tutorial to refresh my memory on how to do proper binding.

The cowgirl quilt came about when I saw a sample of it hanging in the quilt shop and I totally fell in love with it. I actually machine quilted it myself, which was a first for me. I stuck with straight lines and it wasn't that hard at all! This quilt is the perfect couch cuddling size and I can't wait until it's cold outside and I get to snuggle up in it!

The kitties approve:

No comments: