Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Inspired

I've kind of been on an Amby Buter fabric ordering spree lately. Anyone in the DFW area know of a shop that carries a good selection of her stuff? I've found a few fabrics and patterns at The Sewing Room in Frisco but that's about it.
Anyway, I was inspired by Amy Butler's new Birdie Sling bag when I got some of the Martini print fabric. It's my own design because I wanted something a bit smaller. I absolutely love how it came out!! There is one thing I would change and that would be the strap. I made it a bit wide and if I were to redo it I would taper it at the shoulder. Hmm, I didn't realize how wrinkly it looks in the pictures. Oh well. I just love the Midwest Modern line of fabrics and I had a lot of fun making it!
I've been making progress on the knitting front as well!

This is the back of Lush and Lacy. I had a bit of confusion and a few false starts on the left front side but now that is finished as well. It's knitting up so fast! but I've nervous if it will fit well or not. My row gauge is slightly off and it's been hard to keep track of how many extra rows to add and where to add them. If you can believe it, this will be my first adult sweater knit in pieces and not in the round. Yikes!

No comments: