Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You can't beat quick socks!

Christmas preparations are in full swing here! I'm so happy to say that I am nearly done with all of my handmade gifts. Uhm, not that I'm making that many. It's just that I expected a pair of socks to take me much longer.
Pattern: Ampersand
Yarn: Socks that Rock Mediumweight, in Puck's Mischief colorway
Needles: #2 circular for magic loop
Notes: I really love how these came out! These were especially fun to make since the future recipient had given me some very strong hints that she would love a pair of handknit socks. I know she'll love the colors too. And speaking of colors....can you believe that these didn't do ANY weird pooling that STR is "famous" for?! Just perfect.

In fact, I was so happy with how fast and nice these knit up that I immediately started another pair in the Socks That Rock mediumweight. I think these will be a gift for hubby since he appreciates handmade socks. It is the Lucy colorway and I'm using a simple pattern from the Sensational Knitted Socks book.And look what I have here....

Yup, it's the mess that I showed you a while back. And would you believe that it only took me 20 minutes to wind it into these two balls? If I'd known it would be so simple I wouldn't have been so dramatic about it all! I guess I just psych my self out sometimes. Now I can work on Ester along with my Somewhat Cowl, which is coming along great!

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

No comments: