Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Needless to say, not much knitting got done

Actually, I've been back since last friday but what with all the unpacking and cleaning, etc. I just never got around to posting. And now, work is trying to swallow me up! ugh. I managed to get off on time today though so I think I'm starting to get caught up.

New Mexico was awesome! These are just a few of the highlights.
We camped in a tent the first three nights (we're extremely cheap) in the Red River area. While we were up in this area we did some off-roading on all the jeep trails they have in the mountains. It was beautiful! and a lot colder than I thought. It got down to freezing two of the nights. Then we visited friends in Albuquerque for a night and saw the petroglyphs at Petroglyph National Monument.
We then made our way back up towards Santa Fe and saw the "tent rocks" at the Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument. This area was really amazing! We took another day trip to Bandelier National Monument and saw the ancient cliff dwellings of the Pueblo Indians.We stayed 3 nights at The Bobcat Inn, just outside of Santa Fe. I HIGHLY recommend this place! It was very affordable, clean, quiet, beautiful, and the owner, who used to be a caterer, cooks the most delicious gormet breakfasts every day! I really didn't want to leave.
So there you have it! This is a great area for families to go too...so much to do, all within easy reach of Santa Fe. Of course, we here in North Texas have it pretty easy because it's only a 9 or 10 hour drive from here. Even with gasoline being high it's still cheaper than flying.
Now, I must get some knitting done! I only have 3/4 of a sock to show for the past week and a half.

No comments: