Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Day

First sewing project (from my recent fabric haul): new curtains for spare bedroom.

You may remember that I've recently "redone" the spare bedroom (read about it here). Well, I decided that it was too white or too dull or something. It definitely needed some color. What do y'all think? I really like it. Even though it's a very bold pattern, it doesn't overwhelm you because the rest of the room is very clean and simple. I basically just copied the general design of the Ikea curtains I had hanging there before. Pretty simple. I gotta say, I think I'm much better at just winging it and not needing a pattern with sewing than I am with knitting. Of course, I can only speak for making household and accessory items such as curtains, pillows, tote bags, etc. I don't ever really sew clothes for myself. Too time consuming.

And, lest you forget that this is a knitting blog, here is sock number one of my Interlacements Tiny Toes Southwest socks.I think this pattern (Cable Twist) has held up pretty well against the pooling.

Oh yes! and Happy Anniversary to my sweet Hubby! Four years ago today I married the love of my life. We're off to celebrate now!

No comments: