Saturday, May 05, 2007

Lots to show and tell!

Let's start with an FO.

Pattern: Something Red by Wendy Bernard

Yarn: Blue Sky Dyed Cotton in Toffee; 4 skeins

Needles: US #7s

Notes: I love it! Absolutely love it. I would've liked to have made it just a hair longer but I was really trying to use only 4 skeins. And can you believe it that I'd never done short rows before this? pretty neat and not hard at all.

There is only one thing that I would caution anyone else making this sweater. You have to be careful of your raglan length. The directions tell you to knit the ragland increases until it is X inches or X number of increases. Definitely go by the number of increases. If I had continued on to the directed measurement then it would have been way too big I think. Just something to be aware of. In my mind, the raglan length can be the difference between perfect or terrible fit. I highly recommend this sweater pattern though. I know I will wear it lots. Especially in my chilly office.

I couldn't resist starting the Crisp Rectangle Tunic from Fitted Knits. I'm making the shorter length version. I don't think the longer version shown in the book would be very flattering on me. This is going to be a great summer knit I think. And my next new obsession:

It's the Lizard Ridge afghan from Knitty. Don't even ask what set me off on this (I don't know!). I've never really had a desire to knit a blanket before but since this one is done in blocks I think it will be much more managable. That is Noro Silk Garden I'm using in colors 247 (bottom), 203 (top left), and 34 (top right). I'm only going to buy a few skeins at a time because I couldn't afford it any other way. I love Silk Garden colors!

I'm this close to finishing the Tatami Kimono. I'm really going to tackle it and hopefully finish this weekend.

No comments: