Short row heel: Pattern: none, just plain ole stockingette stitch; one with a peasant heel and one with a short row heel
Yarn: Fleece Artist merino sock; color Cosmic (from The Loopy Ewe)
Needles: US #1 circular
Notes: I learned two new heel methods with these socks! First I wanted to try out one of Alyssa's favortie heels, the Peasant Heel, done by knitting in waste yarn and then going back and doing a sort of wedge heel. I like it okay. At first, I decreased way too much (down to 8 sts on each needle I think) so I ripped back a little to about 12 or 14 sts on each needle and then grafted the heel together. It still wants to bunch up a little on the bottom of the heel so maybe I did something wrong. So, with the second sock I tried a Short Row heel to sort of compare it with the other. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it either....I don't think it creates a deep enough heel for me. One thing I did love about it was how quick it was compared to a traditional heel flap/gusset combo. All in all, it was a good experiment and now I have a nice new pair of cozy socks.
Hey! I was tagged by several people for the 7 Random Facts meme!
- I'm not a James Bond series fan at all but I actually loved Casino Royale.
- I have by B.S. degree in Geography
- I actually use my degree at my job....I'm a Reaseach Analyst for a commercial real estate company (sound important, doesn't it? haha)
- I've never lived anywhere else but Texas
- I LOVE steak!!!! specifically, ribeye steak. I'm drooling right now.
- I learned to drive a manual transmission about 5 years ago when I met my husband and that's all I've ever driven since....I love it!
- I have a major sweet tooth! I seriously could eat dessert after every meal.
Okay, so that's 7 totally random things about me. This meme has really spread like wildfire. If you haven't been tagged yet, considered yourself tagged. It's fun!