Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wicked fast!

Ta-da!! Sweater in a week! I love, love, love, LOVE this sweater!!!

Pattern: Wicked by the gals at Zephyr Style
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca in Dark Chocolate, about 3 and 1/2 skeins
Needles: #7 circulars and dpns
Notes: this is a fabulous sweater pattern!! it's very simple which makes it VERY wearable. And it was so easy and fast to make. It took me about 8 days total. I spent one Sunday knitting on it all day and then I just worked on it a little in the evenings. I'm really happy with my choice of yarn too. The Ultra Alpaca is very soft and silky smooth to knit with...it just glided off the needles! It's a little bit "tickley" because of the alpaca in it but it's fine with a little cami underneath. And you can't beat the price! $8/skein with 215 yards per skein!
I knit the smallest size and didn't make any modifications to the pattern except to add a little length to the torso and sleeves because I have long arms and waist. Oh, and I left off the front pocket too.
I never thought I would do this but I think I'm going to knit another one with short sleeves and the front pocket.

Hey, I noticed the Interweave Knits Spring 2007 preview is up. There aren't too many that are jumping out at me but I kind of like the Cable-Down Raglan. I will have to inspect it closer when I get the magazine though.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in love with that sweater pattern! Yours looks fantastic - I really have to try that Ultra Alpaca.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a fantastic sweater! The fit is perfect and I love the color!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, what a great sweater! I love love love the color you picked and the long sleeves are fabulous!!! I think I need one of these for sure! I'm new to your blog by the way, and I think it's great!

msubulldog said...

Wow, that was quick! And it's so cute, too! Congrats. :)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!! you're super fast. i love, love your new FO. the color, the fit, just awesome. okay, got to go get the pattern now.

Alyssa said...

Gorgeous! I was just looking at that pattern again today. Now that I see yours I know I need to knit it!

Disentangled said...

Very nice! The color looks great on you, too.

That was fast! I think I need a quick knit about now myself.

Anonymous said...

I love that sweater on you! Great job! And, I'm with you on Stefanie's cabled sweater in the new IK. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job! It fits you perfect! I was close to being done mine, and I am having trouble with the pocket! After seeing yours I might have to rip it back and leave it off!

Maryse said...

Great knit! I've been reading your blog from Montreal for a while and really enjoy seeing all your nice FO! It's an inspiration!

allisonmariecat said...

What a great-looking sweater! I can't believe how fast you knit it. It suits you very well.

Lara said...

Wow your wicked is awesome! It seriously does not look hand knit...soooo pretty. I love the color. I hope mine goes as fast as yours. I am knitting the short sleeve version, but after seeing yours the long sleeve is looking tempting!

Anonymous said...

that came out awesome! i've been wanting to make a sweater (never made one before) and I think this one will be it! thanks for the inspiration.w