Saturday, December 16, 2006

I love pink!

I have finished my pink socks!! I LOVE them!





Pattern: Aran-Braid Socks



Yarn: Yarn Pirate superwash merino sock in the Paris colorway



Needles: Knit Picks options circular #1



Mods: none!

This is a really great pattern! I actually never would have considered these unless I had seen the ones that Sheri made for the Mystery Sock KAL! I just love how the pattern is mostly stockingette stitch but with cables running down the sides for interest! And I also learned how to cable without a cable needle too. This really sped things up! I can't imagine trying to use a cable needle for all those tiny cables. Such a great technique.
I'm officially addicted to socks! I think I might cast on for another pair right now!

8 comments:

jillian said...

So pretty! The cabling adds just the right touch!

Emma said...

I love your pink socks too. They look great!

Anonymous said...

wow! what a great pattern. i'd love it if you emailed me a pic so i can add it to my "yarnpirate fo gallery". :)

Lara said...

Wow, those are gorgeous! Great job on the cables! I am going to have to try that technique sometime.

Anonymous said...

excellent! love the little cables, and the color too!

Kim in Oregon said...

Great socks! sometimes cables and multicolored socks don't work too well (ask me how I know) but yours looks fabulous. Just printed out the pattern too.

Anonymous said...

awesome socks! I love how it came out truly variegated or almost striped. I always end up with pools, grr. I think I'll have to try these out too!

allisonmariecat said...

Gorgeous socks! The pattern and yarn go incredible well with each other.