Saturday, December 30, 2006

Center Square

I have finally ventured into the world of colorwork! I made a good sized swatch to practice with first since I have never done any type of strading before. It still feels pretty awkward to knit with two hands but I think I will get better with time. I must say, I'm pretty proud of myself. I forgot to take a pic of the inside but I think I did pretty good at keeping the tension even....for my first time anyway. All in all, it just took me one afternoon and evening to practice and make the hat.


Pattern: Center Square by London Nelson

Yarn: Knit Picks Swish, two balls each of Ballerina and Truffle

Needlees: #10 1/2 dpns

Next up: Eunny's Endpaper Mitts! Have a great New Year everyone!!!

15 comments:

Kaitie Tee said...

Super cute hat! I can't wait to see your Endpaper Mitts. I love Eunny's work.

Bumbershootska said...

Gorgeous choice of colors! You've convinced me to add this hat to my Knit List for 2007

have a happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Love the hat, and the colors! You did a great job. I want to start the Endpaper mitts soon. What yarn are you going to use for it? I was thinking maybe Telmark, but thinking it might be too thick...

Alyssa said...

So cute! You did a great job! Happy New Year. :)

Disentangled said...

Very nice! Your color work looks flawless. I'm dying to make Eunny's mittens!

Lara said...

I love the colors also! I think you did a great job. You can't even tell that this was your first colorwork job.

Anonymous said...

I gotta say, when I saw this on Knitty I really didn't like it all that much, however, after seeing in in your colors, It's grown on me a bit, and I definitely have some left-over swish or worsted lying around so maybe I'll whip one of these up, hmmm....

ae said...

wow, that looks really great!! this really makes me want to try my hand at this pattern. and i love the pink and brown together.

GURO said...

Beautiful hat! I love seing peoples FOs from this pattern. They all look so good. And it looks like you've done stranded knitting forever, can't tell it's your first fair isle at all!

Anonymous said...

That came out great! It looks very neat, not like you've never done it before! Well done :)

Zonda said...

I love your color combo!! Nice knitting there! Looks good!

Batty said...

Very cute hat. And the kitty is cute too!

Anonymous said...

I like the color combination of your hat much more than the original, and your kitty looks very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Great hat - and great picture with your kitty :)

allisonmariecat said...

What a cute hat! I love the color combination you chose.