Friday, June 09, 2006

For the love of yarn!!



So today I decide I'd better go to the yarn store that is near my work so I can get a pair of needles I need and look what I came out with!! I found it in the clearance bin....what was I supposed to do?! It's four balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad dkTweed. I was thinking it might be enough for a vest or something but if not then a nice hat and mittens would be nice...it's very soft on the skin.

I'm literally THIS close to being done with the Honeymoon Cami. I just have to lengthen the straps and graft them on and then block it. It's a little tight now but I think it should stretch out a bit because it's 100% cotton. Hopefully this weekend I'll get it finished up. I'm progressing quite nicely on my Fad-Classic! I guess that's why the Honeymoon Cami isn't finished yet. Starting out it was kind of tricky but I'm about to join the front and back in the round and it's getting much easier. I'm actually quite eager to get to the point where I can try it on because I had a really tough time getting the right guage. It seems I'm a tight knitter because I had to go from 6's to 8's to get near the correct guage and even then I kinda stretched it a bit. The knit pattern creates a really stretchy fabric anyway so I'm hoping it will work out.

I've also been working on my Green Gable guage and will have to go from 6's to 8's...really!! I didn't think I was that tight of a knitter! I guess the first sign is denial. I found a knit-along for GG to join so I'm pretty excited about it!

I've added a Pipeline Projects to my sidebar so I can keep track of what all I want to knit...there's so many you know!! I haven't made up my mind about the Lotus Blossom Tank from Interweave Knits Summer 06. I saw on the Knitty board that they're doing a KAL for this project and I want to see how everyone's turns out.

Ok, enough rambling!

No comments: